Kotlin jumb statements example
Checkout the jumb statements in kotlin
WHAT IS KOTLIN?
Kotlin is a general-purpose, statically typed, and open-source programming language. It runs on JVM and can be used anywhere Java is used today. It can be used to develop Android apps, server-side apps and much more. Google accepetd the kotlin as the officill language for android.
HISTORY OF KOTLIN
Kotlin was developed by JetBrains team. A project was started in 2010 to develop the language and officially, first released in February 2016. Kotlin was developed under the Apache 2.0 license.
FEATURES OF KOTLIN
- Concise: Kotlin reduces writing the extra codes. This makes Kotlin more concise.
- Null safety: Kotlin is null safety language. Kotlin aimed to eliminate the NullPointerException (null reference) from the code.Interoperable.
- Interoperable: Kotlin easily calls the Java code in a natural way as well as Kotlin code can be used by Java.
- Smart cast: It explicitly typecasts the immutable values and inserts the value in its safe cast automatically.
- Compilation Time: It has better performance and fast compilation time.
- Tool-friendly: Kotlin programs are build using the command line as well as any of Java IDE.
- Extension function: Kotlin supports extension functions and extension properties which means it helps to extend the functionality of classes without touching their code.
There are three jump expressions in Kotlin.
A break expression is used for terminate the nearest enclosing loop.
Above for loop terminates its loop when ifcondition execute break expression.
Kotlin break example
Kotlin Labeled break Expression
Labeled is the form of identifier followed by the @ sign, for example abc@, test@. To make an expression as label, we just put a label in front of expression.
Kotlin labeled break expression is used to terminate the specific loop. This is done by using break expression with @ sign followed by label name (break@loop).
Kotlin labeled break example